Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fluvanna

Okay... I promise that I will get better at this blogging thing now that summer is here!! My last post was about Tim being laid-off. After six weeks of being laid-off and job hunting, Tim got a call from his former boss' in Sweetwater. They got a new contract and wanted him to come work... in Fluvanna. If you don't know where that is... it's 2 1/2 hours from Tuscola! So... my poor honey woke up at 3:50 every morning to make it to work every day... 6 days a week. It is usually 9 or 10 before he gets home every night. This has been going on for nearly 3 months.

Lesson we learned: Be careful what you pray for!!!! We prayed for employement... and boy howdy did we get it!!!! The overtime money was great... but absolutely torture for us... the couple that is joined at the hip and heart!!

This past Friday, Tim was told that he doesn't have to go to Fluvanna anymore!! He will not be doing 4 10-hour shifts... which means he will have 3-day weekends! I am teaching summer school and I also have 3-day weekends! Talk about a blessing! God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment