Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby Jordan

Well guys... here's the whole reason I started this blog. I feel like the Lord is going to do some pretty huge things in our lives in the very near future... and I desperately want you to be a part of it!

Tim and I are facing infertility. Plain and simple, it may be close to impossible for us to carry our own child. BUT... we serve a God who is the Miracle Business and if He wants us to get pregnant... we will. However, we cannot ignore the fact that if we wait 5 more years, I will be 31 and Tim will be 32. Not that we'll be old, but definitely older than we like to be having our first child. Therefore, we have recently been brought to our knees with the news that adoption may be our only option. So, why wait?

Up until the week before Christmas I was NOT okay with adoption. For me, accepting that fact looked like failure to me. I desperately want to carry our child. I want to hear the heartbeat. I want to feel a kick. I'd gladly take the morning sickness. Tim has been open to anything all along. "I just want to be a dad and I don't care how that happens" was his response. It wasn't until my mom came to visit me that I had a peace about it. You know... mom's gotta fix things... she's really good at that!

BABY TIMOTHY


The week before Christmas I was down with pneumonia and I needed my mommy. ;) (She's smiling really big right now!) As I was crying in her arms she reminded me of something I had long forgotten about. She said, "Remember when you called me from the parking lot of the movie theater--when you were at A&M? You call me crying after you had seen a movie." I immediately remembered that night. I had gone to see the cartoon movie "The Robinsons" It's a movie about this little guy from the future who lived in an orphanage and he wanted to find his parents. If you haven't seen it, you need to! During the middle of that movie, I felt the Holy Spirit. If you've ever heard the voice of the Lord, you know what I'm talking about. The Lord told me that I would adopt one day. I didn't understand it at the time, but I knew I'd adopt one day.

LIL TIMOTHY -- A MECHANIC EVEN THEN!


Who knows what that means now??? Was I reminded of that because the Lord is definitely telling us to adopt? Or was it because the Lord just wanted me to know that at one point I was okay with the thought of adopting and that maybe I should "get okay with it?"

Looking further into my past, I can see more evidence supporting adoption. I was heavily involved in the 40 Days for Life Campaign, where I prayed in front of Planned Parenthood for days at a time and donated time and money to the cause of LIFE! Was that coincidence that maybe by Tim and I adopting... we are possibly going to receive a child that would have been aborted otherwise? I've made a complete circle.

LITTLE KRISTIN


We have spent the last week or so doing research. Through other friends who have adopted and friends of friends who have adopted, we have learned a lot. Mostly a lot of scary stories... yet, full of hope. Even though we are considering adoption, we are not giving up on having our own. Even if we adopt and then get pregnant... we will be doubly blessed! As soon as school is out for the summer, we will hit the ground running with adoption applications/interviews/home studies/background checks/fund-raising/home preparation/etc. We want the next 5 or 6 months to focus on US and on the LORD and HIS PLAN for us.

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE LIL' MOMMY!!!


One thing we know for sure... and we were reminded of this in Church this morning:

"Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon Lord."

We would greatly appreciate your prayers and your support.

2 comments:

  1. You guys already have my prayers and you have my 100% support and shoulder if you need it.
    I don't know of any 2 people that deserve to be parents more than you 2. You will be such a blessing to the children God provides you with, however he chooses to give them to you. You will be great parents, just like you were great role models during your dating life.
    I will always cherish our talks, even the ones that embarrassed this old married woman. :)
    I love you 2 like my own kids and know God has great plans for your lives.
    NT.....LOVE YOU!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sweet friend!! I cherish you and your friendship! Thanks for being such great role models for me and Tim! NT... LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete